Monday, August 20, 2012

Singing the Fight Song

I married a graduate of the University of Alabama.

There are a 2 concession I'll make to the credit of Alabama's Saturday football experience. Both involve crowd participation:

#1. Rammer Jammer is the biggest kick in the nuts in college football. I've only been on the receiving end of it once...and I hope I never have to sit through it again. Nothing says eternal love like your significant other hitting you in the face with a pom-pom reminding you 2 minutes afterward that her team "just beat the hell outta you".

#2. When they score and everyone sings their fightsong...it's pretty cool. Yes the lyrics are a bit dated (they haven't played Tech since 1984, and haven't "sent the Yellow Jackets to a watery grave" since 1983) and focus solely on opponents in the state of Georgia without mentioning that Cow College they tend to despise most, but it's still a cool experience.

That's why I was pretty excited to see this posted...


So I'm just doing my part to spread the word that we're singing the old fightsong now so lube up the pipes with an extra shot of Makers Mark pregame so you can belt it out with me!

"Hail to Georgia" has been my morning alarm for the last 4 years, it gets me pumped up to crawl out of bed and go cry in the shower until I'm fully awake. My wife might not like it, but I can't wait to sit with 92,746 of my best friends and scream that bitch until I lose my voice.

GO DAWGS!

1 comment:

amanda young said...

Very nice insight! very nice song played.. Amanda Vanderpool