Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Last Time I Mention 2011's O-Line

...if you follow me on Twitter (@BPMackie) then you've probably read a fair share of bitching about our O-Line last year.

I love baseball, but after the All-Star Break the season is over and I resort to feeding my football addiction a steady stream of YouTube videos and Larry Munson DVDs. I find it terribly difficult to rewatch games from last year because of how terrible our offensive line was. These veteran, experienced players were supposed to be a strong-point of our team last year and had our Special Teams not been so abysmal I bet more light would have been shed on their poor performance.

Between that and the ghost of Isaiah Crowell's inability to pick-up a block, Aaron Murray had to hurry passes and scramble more than a QB should have to. This added fuel to the HUTSONMASONSHOULDBESTARTING fire while Murray's accuracy suffered because he had exactly 1 revolving door's turn to make a decision. That decision being, throw it away or highlight tasting notes with Les Miles on fescue varietals.



You win as team, and you lose as a team, but since the horse carcass of our Special Teams has been beaten to a pulp, I want you to just watch how quickly the opposing defense gets through our line. We played better than South Carolina last year, but the errors killed us and ultimately we paid the price starting the season 0-2...which sucked. REALLY BAD.

I'm not concerned about our young Offensive Line this year, because they can't possibly be much worse than last year's. Seth Emerson says the Top 6 look pretty good, but after that our extra reserves have a loooong way to go. #Pray4InjuryFreeFall

Apparently the freshmen TBs are making waves (especially Gurley) and rumor has it he can block too...imagine that! Should our young O-Line hold up, and the freshmen running backs make immediate impact, this could be a special year. I'm more worried about our defense appearing in public without the expressed written consent of the ACCPD than I am about their ability to perform. Coach Grantham will have their asses in line...because you don't mess around with CTG.
...just ask Miss Franklin
In other news...GUESS WHO HAS PHOTOSHOP AGAIN!?!?!1

I'm still getting back into the swing of blogging again. My 8 month affair with Tumblr has taken away my ability to string sentences together...I've reviewed this mediocre post 5x and I'm still not terribly happy with my structure, but I gotta get to work and it'll have to do for now.

I've got a few posts clanging around in my gourd at the moment, maybe over the next few days they'll come to fruition if I catch a break in the action. 2 weeks 'til football, it can't come soon enough.

Go Dawgs!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Should our young O-Line hold up, and the freshmen running backs make immediate impact, this could be a special year"

I've lost count with how many consecutive years Georgia fans have made this statement....

Fairly certain I'll sooner get that pony i've been asking Santa for.

Mackie said...

WHOMP WHOMMMMP.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yeah I agree with, "We win as a team, we lose as a tea." Sometimes it's not about winning, it's about the experience and what it taught you in life.
WESPN-TV

amanda young said...

Yeah it just a game.. sometimes they win and sometimes they lose.. it all about the performance of each team on how to deal with it.. Amanda Vanderpool